Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Apple Configurator install that wont recognize an iPad when I attach it via USB. I cant prepare it or refresh it. It was supervised. I get an error message that says "policy does not have correct profile data". Please help!!!

I have an Apple Configurator install that wont recognize an iPad when I attach it via USB. I cant prepare it or refresh it. It was supervised. I get an error message that says "policy does not have correct profile data". At some point there was a mismatch between the profile on the iPad and the MAC server. The profile on the MAC server has been deleted and the iPad has been erased and reset to default. I need to be able to get Configurator to recognize this device to prepare it for deployment and issue Apps to it. Please help!!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 8:47 AM

12 replies

Oct 24, 2012 7:46 PM in response to Derek Boyer

If your preapre tab is stuck in this state:

1. Quit Configurator

2. In Terminal, execute defaults delete com.apple.configurator PreprationSavedPolicyDefaultsKey

If a supervised device is stuck in this state:

1. option-right-click the device in the Supervise tab, and click remove.

2. Re-connect the device

3. You will have to re-define the supervision settings for that device.

I have an Apple Configurator install that wont recognize an iPad when I attach it via USB. I cant prepare it or refresh it. It was supervised. I get an error message that says "policy does not have correct profile data". Please help!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.