Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Holding 3 and 2 will not boot in 32 bit mode

Hello. I need to boot in 32 bit mode to run Cisco VPN Client on my Macbook Air (version 10.7.4). This worked earlier this week but I've now tried for 3 days probably 20 plus time and cannot get it to take. Is there another way to boot in 32 bit mode?

Can anyone assit?

uname -v

Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.2: Wed May 30 20:13:51 PDT 2012; root:xnu-1699.31.2~1/RELEASE_X86_64

Thanks.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 11:07 AM

9 replies

Aug 30, 2012 2:16 PM in response to noondaywitch

noondaywitch,

You are correct, as I have learned also recently. When I originally posted this, I wasn't on Moutain Lion yet. But have upgraded since and learned it's not an option with Moutain Lion, which was a huge surprise to me. Didn't even think it wouldn't be an option and never checked and now out of luck and have to revert back to Parallels for Cisco VPN. Maybe Cisco will get it together one of these days and provide an app that works on current Mac OS X versions.

Thanks for the post.

Holding 3 and 2 will not boot in 32 bit mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.