Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A friend called Apple for help. Says they were referred to iYogi. What is that?

Does Apple support refer callers to iYogi. Do they charge for their services on an annual basis at the time of the support call.I have a friend who needed some help. I suggested they call Apple. She says Apple referred them on to this "help" service.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 4:08 PM

5 replies

Jul 13, 2012 8:13 AM in response to ilikelite

I've never heard of Apple every referring someone to any non-authorized service provider. If, however, the product in question was on Apple's obsolete/vintage list, then Apple provides no further support and hence a technician might on his or her own initiative refer the caller to a nonauthorized service provider. I can just about guarantee, though, that this would not be Apple policy, to refer someone to iYogi or anyone else other than an authorized Apple service provider (a referral outside of Apple policy could quite possibly get the technician fired).

Regards.

A friend called Apple for help. Says they were referred to iYogi. What is that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.