Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete mail without opening it on icloud and OS X 10.5.8

I've read the answers to this question for later and current mac operating systems, but I can't get this to work when on icloud mail and OS X 10.5.8. Is this possible? BTW, I'm using no other mac products.

MAC, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Dual 2.5 GHz PPC G5 5 GB DDR SDRAM

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 6:24 PM

5 replies

Jul 14, 2012 6:32 PM in response to BDAqua

Yes, iCloud is setup. I want to delete individual emails without opening/reading the email. Many folks have asked how to do this because it not obvious. The mac mail program was changed so that emails automatically open (for reading) upon highlighting it. Many folks kindly provided answers on how to avoid this (e.g., minimize the preview window (not an option on my set-up), L/R shift-click (does not work). What have I missed? Bad idea for emails to automatically open by default.

Thank you.

Jul 14, 2012 9:09 PM in response to OPEDinMV

I don't care for any of the changes in OSX, & it only gets worse the further up you go. 😟

But are you saying Right Click or control + click doesn't give you a Delete option, seems there's no way to stop it showing, but very curious why somebody would want to do this???

I can Right click here on an unread eMail & select Delete without it showing... are you Right clicking before selecting it?

how to delete mail without opening it on icloud and OS X 10.5.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.