Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Mac OS X and installing Windows 7

Well hello guys i have to inform you that i deleted mac os x and install windows 7 permanent no bootcamp it is possible to delete mac os x and installing windows 7 permanent on your machine all you need is your drivers install on another dvd disc your bootcamp drivers ( 3.0 Drivers ) and your genuine copy of Windows 7. I install this on my macbook 2009 mid-june. So if you guys have been wanted to delete your mac os x over windows 7 it is possible! Hope it help you! 😀

-----------------------------------------------------

If you want a tutorial please dont bother to message me.

<Email Edited By Host>

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 9:32 PM

5 replies

Jul 13, 2012 10:26 AM in response to JoeyR

Well i had no problems with this and i can install updates from windows and the apple software updates so i am pretty happy plus something went wrong with os x and i could not go on it so i decided to install windows 7 because apple didnt gave the os x disks "for some reason" they always say. So i am glad to have windows 7 on my mac due to so little portions of games are built for it and software that i like, and up to now i can play games and i have the drivers install for the hardware. So all in all i have no problems. 🙂

Jul 13, 2012 1:09 PM in response to crossbowokie

The problem is that firmware updates (the equivalent of a BIOS update on a PC) can only be performed through OS X. Firmware updates are not sofware updates. They udpate the code in the hardware itself to address potential problems that may be discovered. Every MacBook / MacBook Pro / MacBook Air that has been released has had firmware updates, including the newly released 2012 machines. So you may have no problems now... in fact, any firmware updates that you don't install may not affect you in any noticeable way... it's just a good idea to have an OS X installation handy just in case.

Deleting Mac OS X and installing Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.