Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Reverse A Bad Import from iPhoto 9.3.0

It seems I was affected by both bugs in iPhoto 9.3.0 which are now fixed in 9.3.1. My MobileMe migration hung indefinitely, and it created a bunch of stuff inside a folder called From MobileMe. How can I reverse this migration and do it again in 9.3.1 so I can get my Events back?

Also, I can't believe there are no web galleries anymore. How many live galleries did *that* wipe out?!? Many for me. 😟

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 10:36 PM

3 replies

Jul 13, 2012 9:40 AM in response to Yer_Man

So, essentially use TimeMachine to restore my Photos folder, then open up iPhoto 9.3.1 and then all of my photos split into Events will be back and the the MobileMe migration thing will begin again? I can do that, if that's what you're suggesting.

With regard to the 15 month notice about MobileMe, I'm not saying there wasn't enough notice. I'm saying:

a) I figured iCloud would still provide something that I consider pretty baseline (and very useful) functionality: web-viewable Photo albums. This was the single most useful thing about iPhoto for me, and now it's gone.

b) I didn't figure that any sort of MobileMe migration script would actually corrupt my local iPhoto library to the point where my Events aren't even viewable as events anymore. I don't mind finding a new online gallery option, but you'd think all of my local iPhoto stuff would still be intact so I could start from there.

How to Reverse A Bad Import from iPhoto 9.3.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.