Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come the amount of items in a folder is less than the total amount of items in the albums that belong to that folder?

Hi all,

I'm new to Aperture and already dealing with crashes on startup. I have done the Apple Hardware Test (short and long version) but the hardware seems to be working fine. I'm now trying to find out if it is a corrupt image file that is causing the app to crash.

What I want to do now, is to remove my MobileMe albums to the hard drive of my iMac, or to an external hard drive. I have exported the photos, but noticed the amount of exported photos was less then the total amount of photos in that folder. How come? And how do I know which photos are missing?

Counting the photos in all the seperate albums, I also found out that the amount of items in these albums are more than the total of items in the main folder. F.i. I have a folder 'Dogs' that Aperture says contains 80 items. In the folder are 2 albums: Dog 1 and Dog 2. Dog 1 contains 72 items and Dog 2 contains 23 items. This is more than the total amount of 80 that is counted in the main folder. HOW COME?? And where are the 'missing' files?

Hope anyone can help. Tnx!

iMac

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 4:01 AM

3 replies

Jul 13, 2012 7:06 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

Tnx. It could be possible that both albums contain 15 of the same images, but I would have to check the photos one by one to see if that's the case.

Am I trying to find out what it is that is causing Aperture to crash all the time. That's why I wanted to see if it's the Mobile Me albums that are messing things up. Do you have any idea about that?

Tnx again.

Jul 13, 2012 7:36 AM in response to feiminke

feiminke wrote:

Am I trying to find out what it is that is causing Aperture to crash all the time. That's why I wanted to see if it's the Mobile Me albums that are messing things up. Do you have any idea about that?

I suggest starting a topic with that as the subject and all the relevant information you have about it listed in the comment. Before doing that, read through some of the threads on this topic (there are many). Leave out anything that is not relevant, such as the counts of Folders.

One simple way to see which Images in one Album are also in a second Album:

- Go to "Flagged". Select all, and clear the flags.

- Go to Album1. Select all, flag all.

- Go to Ablum2. Any Images flagged are in Album1 as well. You can easily filter for flagged Images by using the drop-down menu (click the magnifying glass _inside_ the search field, and select "Flagged").

How come the amount of items in a folder is less than the total amount of items in the albums that belong to that folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.