Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp & Windows 7

I was running Bootcamp with Windows XP and then I decided to install Windows 7 on the same partition. The intallation deleted the partition and installed Windows 7 again. Windows is running, but my Apple Wireless Mouse does not work at all. I think my Windows is without Bootcamp...

What do I have to do? Download Bootcamp for Windows (?) or run Bootcamp from my Mac partition and start all over again? Where can I find Bootcamp for download and what version I have to use to install Windows 7?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 4 GB RAM

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 5:35 AM

7 replies

Jul 13, 2012 2:27 PM in response to Sergio B Netto

Sergio B Netto wrote:

I did what you said but appeared a message saying:

"Download could not continue. The Windows support software is not available".

I don't know what to do. Can I download it directly from the Apple site?

The Support Software is not available elsewhere, you should try again, but first go to Apple>System Preferences>Network>Advanced>Proxies. Uncheck Auto Discovery and Auto Configuration, if that doesn't help uncheck Use Passive Mode. Be patient, this is a slow procedure usually.

Jul 13, 2012 2:42 PM in response to Csound1

other things to look and do:

Use OpenDNS servers

disable Norton firewall if you have it (may apply to other 3rd party products like that)

and an older version of LittleSnitch was also at fault. It too looks at and interfere or changes firewall behavior

One day looking at "Recent Changed Modified support articles I swore there was something in there about OpenDNS and Boot Camp but dang if I can find it!

Jul 17, 2012 9:45 PM in response to Csound1

I gave up trying to install windows in Leopard and then I upgraded to Lion.

Then I could run Bootcamp and download the drivers for windows and put them on a CD.

When I installed Windows 7 my apple wireless mouse worked even before installing the bootcamp drivers. But after I installed the drivers the mouse stopped working. I then added manually the wireless mouse, but windows can not find it at all.

How do I fix this?

Bootcamp & Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.