Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Care for Ipad

Is it worth the cost? I thought the general view is extended warranties are not worth the money, but in this case what do you think? I am a working mom, who would carry it in my bag from time to time and allow my kids (8 and 10) to use it, with permission. Any thoughts? Already feel like I just spent a fortune.

iPad

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 8:30 AM

2 replies

Jul 13, 2012 10:58 AM in response to Ineophyte

Do you have a 2 or 3? With a 2, unless things have changed, you have up to a year to buy the apple care. But with a 3 you have 30 days for the apple care plus.

One advantage of the plus, it has 2 instances of accidental damage repair for a $49 fee. Which, if your child drops it accidentally, can save you hundreds.

If you have a 2 and regular apple care, you can take your time and decide.

I bought it after I had one instance of a bad 30 pin port on mine. Fortunately it was within a month, but I figured the extra $100 was worth having coverage incase my replacement suffered from the same thing.

Apple Care for Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.