Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Cover for iPad 1st generation

I have a 1st generation iPad and have been looking around on the internet for a Smart Cover that will fit, but I find few places that say anything about Smart Covers for my iPad. Here on apple they have Smart Cover for iPad but they don't specify which one.

So, are there Smart Cover for iPad 1st generation and if so where can I buy one?

Thank You!

iPad

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 2:53 PM

2 replies

Jul 13, 2012 3:17 PM in response to Sofffiia

As Gail stated in her post, the Smart Cover was designed to work with the iPad 2 and the new iOad. It does not fit the first generation iPad and the auto lock feature would not work with it either.

There are a bazillion iPad accessories on the market. Search for a cover that best suits your needs .... Like do you want full body protection or maybe just clear covers on the screen and the back .... A cover with a built in Bluetooth keyboard, a cover with a stand ....

If you have your heart set on the Smart Cover, I'm sorry but that just won't work on the original iPad.

Smart Cover for iPad 1st generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.