Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I looking for a solver for numbers, does one exist?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 5:19 PM

7 replies

Jul 14, 2012 11:13 AM in response to dawnj@

When I purchased my IMAC the sales person said that apple software wasn't any different from Windows application. Well I am finding out that I am unable to do alot with the applications. I am unable to do my class assignment in numbers because I do not have the SOLVER as excel, so I wanted to know if anyone knows of an additional application or an add-on so I would be able to completed my assignments as needed.

Jul 14, 2012 11:20 AM in response to mwfanelli

Hello mwfanelli:

Thank's for the information, but this will not help I am in a class that combines stats, equations, etc.. Its a business class an combines all math to solve problems. This week we are working on "pretend" manufacturing company and I am unable to do my class assignments base on apple application "numbers". With SOLVER I can put what I need an calculate all my formulas. Again appreciate the information.

Jul 14, 2012 12:25 PM in response to dawnj@

dawnj@ wrote:

I do not have the SOLVER as excel

Install OfficeMac 2011 "Solver" is bundled with it when you update it.

https://www.microsoft.com/mac

Ensure that you have the latest update of Excel 2011, use Help - Check for Updates on the Excel menu

To enable Solver, click ‘Tools’ then ‘Addins’. Within the Addin box, check ‘Solver.xlam’ then hit ‘OK’.

To use Solver, click the Solver button on the Data tab. (The bundled version of Solver doesn't use the menu Tools Solver.) Enjoy using Solver, and click here for Solver Help, applicable to both Excel 2010 for Windows and Excel 2011 for Mac.

dawnj@ wrote:

I am in a class that combines stats, equations, etc.. Its a business class an combines all math to solve problems.

99% of the buisness world uses Office and/or Office Mac, so if your in that your going to need to know Office inside and out to get a job and/or work with others.

Apple's "Numbers" is a consumer level product designed for people who don't have a dependancy upon Office.

You can use the free LibreOffice, it's cross platform which makes it ideal.

It has a "Solver" if you can't afford to buy OfficeMac now or are worried about running potenitally insecure Microsoft software on your Mac.

https://www.libreoffice.org/

User uploaded file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.