Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Would a 30GB iPod Classic fit in a case for an 80GB-160GB iPod Classic?

I gave my daughter my old iPod 30GB. She wants a case for it. I found some cases on a site, but they say they are for 80-160GB classic iPods. Would her 30GB fit in one of those cases?

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 6:19 PM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2012 1:33 AM in response to rosch726

There were several 30GB iPods, from 3rd gen to 5th gen. Is this a "video" iPod (5th gen)?

If it's 3rd or 4th gen, it will definitely NOT fit. If it's 5th gen, it probably will not fit, unless (maybe) it is really rubbery and flexible, or loose fitting. The top edges on the new iPod "classic" are more rounded compared to the 5th gen iPod, although the overall dimensions are similar.

There seem to be a lot listings on eBay, if it's 5th gen. Do a search on "ipod classic 5th gen case." Pretty cheap, because they are old products. NOTE: There were two "thicknesses" for iPod 5th gen, depending on capacity of the hard drive. 30GB is the thinner type (for a 5th gen). If the case is a hard shell, be sure you get the correct match.

Would a 30GB iPod Classic fit in a case for an 80GB-160GB iPod Classic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.