Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to input my credit card info to buy an app, why does it tell me "your payment method information doesn't match you bank's records"? It's preventing me from purchasing apps...

When I try to input my credit card info to buy an app, why does it tell me "your payment method information doesn't match you bank's records"? It's preventing me from purchasing apps...

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 7:32 PM

6 replies

Jul 29, 2012 9:31 AM in response to Betacord

The Apple Support Communities are an international user to user technical support forum. As a man from Mexico my first language is Spanish. I do not speak English, however I do write in English with the aid of the Mac OS X spelling and grammar checks. I also live in a culture perhaps very very different from your own. When offering advice in the ASC, my comments are not meant to be anything more than helpful and certainly not to be taken as insults.

Are you sure that the billing address that you input is where the bank is sending the bill? Some folks put their home address and the bank is sending the bill to their office.

The other issue can be that Apple is picky about the addressing format. If you are in the US, your bank is formatting the address to the standards of the US Postal Service. You can be sure that you are using that standard by going to the USPS ZIP code page, look up your address' ZIP code and then copy the USPS output of your address exactly as it appears on the page.

https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction!input.action

Jul 9, 2014 2:43 AM in response to Diavonex

You are my lifesaver tonight!!!! I've been fighting this dumb issue for over 4 hours now and was really to pull my hair out!!! Thank you VERY MUCH!!! At first, I almost didn't follow the link you provided because I KNEW my security code was valid and correct because, although the AppStore wouldn't accept my debit card info, a charge for balance was already showing up on my new bank account info! I finally seceded, clicked your link, and the info there wasn't regarding my security code being incorrect, as the link verbiage suggests, but about address info, the other responder mentions below. I'd already tried address fiddling, though, and to no avail, then I happen to glance at the address printer on my new checks, and voíla!!! The bank printed my zip code incorrectly! (Not to mention, they also sent me the wrong checks!!!). I just had to tell you how grateful I was for your link and assistance! Hope you're having a great summer!

Jul 9, 2014 3:03 AM in response to Dah•veed

I also wanted to thank you for your assistance with this problem!!! As it turned out, my new bank had my zip code incorrectly on my new checks, yet somehow managed to have to right zip code on the packaging they sent me my checks in! Try and figure that one out without making yourself crazy?!?! LOL! Fortunately, I saw your response and the one above from Diavonex and you both solved the problem I'd even battling for the past 4 hours! In all the years I've used Apple products, I'd NEVER seen that message and had no idea what to do, so I'm very grateful for your assistance!!! Hope you're having a great summer!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.