Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My bootcamp can't download the windows support.

I want to install windows 7 ultimate onto my macbook, and when I try to use bootcamp it asks me to download the support or use the CD that came with my computer. My computer was bought online so I don't have the CD with me so I have to download the support, but when I do it says that there's no support available for this mac. I need help please.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), intel core 2 duo 64 bit 13" macbook

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 7:48 PM

2 replies

Jul 14, 2012 6:32 AM in response to matthewfromgarland

you have OS X 10.6 - your DVD (all macs that shipped pre-Lion have one, online has nothingn to do with it).

OS X Lion does not come with DVD.

Use your older 10.6 DVD when in Windows. If SETUP doesn't run, find Apple Setup.exe or Bootcamp64.msi (or the non-64 version).

using Boot Camp Assistant - the Windows Support Software is *hard* to download and often says "unavailablel" and Lion the only way is with BCA 4..x (the Apple drivers are 4.01 or later). It never worked but appeared as an option in Snow Leopard..

My bootcamp can't download the windows support.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.