Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP -- audio drift and wrong codec from P2 material with FCP7/Lion

It's been a long time since I've needed to ingest any P2 based material, and the last time I did was probably before I upgraded to Lion.

I'm not sure if that's the culprit in this situation but I do know that ingesting P2 material (shot on a Panasonix HPX170) used to be easy/breezy -- just mount the drive/file path containing the appropriate P2 heirarchy, set the P2 preference to the codec of choice (usually ProRes422 in my case), add to Que, go get a cup of coffee, return, and start cutting.

Unfortunately, I can no longer claim the same level of success. I'm doing the exact same steps as before but now my material is showing up with a codec of DVCPro HD 720p60 and audio is dramatically out of sync (despite being in sync in the preview window of the log and transfer window). These results are same regardless of whether I set my P2 ingest preference to ProRez or Native.

Ughh...somebody please tell me that there's a free updated P2 plugin somewhere. I've been searching and have seen far too many outdated documents so I'm getting nervous that I'm out of luck with my FCP7/Lion combo.

2.66 Ghz MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 11:03 PM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2012 10:33 AM in response to ianmccamey

Update -- this appears to be more of an MXF compatibily issue with FCP7 and/or Lion, as I've now solved the audio sync problem by deselecting "removed pulldown" in the Log-n-Transfer Preferences Cog, but I still have the same problem of the footage still coming in at DVCPro HD 720p60 regardless of which target codec I set it to. Note that the P2 Plugin stil lists AVC-Intra, with no option for MXF as a Source Format.User uploaded file

HELP -- audio drift and wrong codec from P2 material with FCP7/Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.