- Transfer iTunes purchases:
- Transfer other music by using a third-party program like one of those discussed here:
- Or backup the iTunes library and restore to new computer by:
- Connect the device to the computer and make a backup by right clicking on the device under Devices in iTunes and select Back Up
- Restore the device from that backup.
Note the backup that iTunes makes does not included synced media like alls and music.
i have done the music part when i put it all to an external hard drive,
the problem i have is that when i go on itemes in the imac and i look at purches not on this devise it tells me there is nothing there so all the apps i have on my iphone and ipad will be lost if i syconise them up to the imac which is what it warns me when i clicked on it.
i thought icload would transfer all the aps.
I don't want to confuse the issue for you, but read this discussion. It might help you out.
Some of this has already been explained to you, but this is a step by step process.