Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When i plug my iphone into my macbook pro, itunes gives me the spinning beach beach ball, therefore not allowing me to sync my music. How can I get it to work?

When i plug my iphone into my macbook pro, itunes gives me the spinning beach beach ball, therefore not allowing me to sync my music. How can I get it to work?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 7:10 AM

Disconect the iPhone from your Mac.

Launch iTunes.

From the iTunes menu bar top of your screen click iTunes > Check for Updates

iTunes most recent version is 10.6.3

If you are running Snow Leopard, v10.6.8 or earlier, try here > iTunes: How to remove and reinstall the Apple Mobile Device Service on Mac OS X

And try here > iTunes: May become unresponsive when connecting iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2012 7:10 AM in response to chaynes

Disconect the iPhone from your Mac.

Launch iTunes.

From the iTunes menu bar top of your screen click iTunes > Check for Updates

iTunes most recent version is 10.6.3

If you are running Snow Leopard, v10.6.8 or earlier, try here > iTunes: How to remove and reinstall the Apple Mobile Device Service on Mac OS X

And try here > iTunes: May become unresponsive when connecting iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.