Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am using OSX 10.7.4, I often get these annoying pop-up windows that persist for number of clicks

The pop-ups are these white windows with script in black that say things like: Open Tab ... / Save to Evernote ... etc. Happens at least once a day and one they appear I inevitably have to click somewhere off the page, on the desktop, before returning to the opened document to be able to continue working normally. Any ideas how I can get rid of this annoyance?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), My Lion software was an upgrade

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 9:53 AM

8 replies

Jul 14, 2012 10:48 AM in response to Knollsdog

Is this while using Safari with Evernote open in a page? Is Evernote open? Evernote also has an in memory daemon that runs. You can turn that off see Preferences >> Users & Groups >> select your user then click Logon Items. You may need to uninstall Evernote, delete the database and reinstall it (it will load the datbase again).

Try shutting down the computer and uncheck "Relaunch programs at startup" when it shuts down.

Jul 15, 2012 1:50 AM in response to Knollsdog

Try going into Users and Groups under System Preferences, select your account name and seeing what log-in items you have. Is the Evernote daemon there? If not, open Activity Monitor in your Utilities folder and searching, using the search box in the top right-hand corner for "evernote". If you can't find anything running, try downloading the free EasyFind from the App Store and searching your drive for "evernote". Delete any files that you may find.

If Evernote doesn't come with an uninstaller and you just deleted the application, it might have (and sounds as if it did) left some extra files behind. I usually suggest that, if an application does not come with an uninstaller, people use AppDelete to remove the application and any associated files. I've never used Evernote and know nothing about it, but something is causing those messages to pop up and Evernote seems to be the culprit.

Good luck,

Clinton

Jul 15, 2012 2:30 AM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

Following your advice - After coming up empty-handed looking at the complicated activity monitor file lists, I downloaded the 'easyfind' app which found 348 Evernote files still hiding in my system! I just delted them all, definitively, and we shall see. I am hoping the problem is now solved but I wont know for a while since, although it comes up frequently, there has been no rhyme nor reason for when it happens. Thanks very much for your patient suggestions.

Jul 19, 2012 7:11 AM in response to Knollsdog

AS I FEARED THE PROBLEM PERSISTS - 'EVERNOTE' NO LONER APPEARS ON THE LIST OF OPTIONS BUT AS I FEARED BOTHERSOME EVERNOTE WAS NOT REALLY THE ISSUE - IT IS SOMETHING ELSE MORE ENDEMIC TO HOW MY OPERATING SYSTEM IS WORKING ON THIS MACBOOK PRO. HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT JUST POPPED UP A FEW MINUTES AGO. WOULD BE SO GRATEFUL FOR A SOLUTION TO THIS. IT IS SOOOO ANNOYING. ONCE AGAIN - TO GET RID OF THESE POP UP WINDOWS, OR AT LEAST THAT IS WHAT I AM CALLING THEM - I NEED TO CLICK AND CLICK, MOSTLY OUT OF THE PROGRAM ON THE DESKTOP BEFORE GOING BACK. AND IT IS CURSOR RELATED.

User uploaded file

Am using OSX 10.7.4, I often get these annoying pop-up windows that persist for number of clicks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.