Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert from GuitarPro to GarageBand

Hello,

I've searched without success, was hoping to someone here has conquored this....

There are good number of site where you can download Guitar Pro files for free or very small cost. Is there an ability to convert those Guitar Pro files to GarageBand?

MacBook 2.4Ghz, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 1:12 PM

In Guitar Pro 6 you have the ability to export MIDI files. With a GP6 file loaded, export it as MIDI. Then simply drag it into a new open GarageBand project. Done.

You will have to fiddle with things like time sig etc, but everything should be in tact with the properly assign software instruments.

Cheers

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2012 1:12 PM in response to MKeaton1967

In Guitar Pro 6 you have the ability to export MIDI files. With a GP6 file loaded, export it as MIDI. Then simply drag it into a new open GarageBand project. Done.

You will have to fiddle with things like time sig etc, but everything should be in tact with the properly assign software instruments.

Cheers

Jul 15, 2012 4:18 PM in response to gjmnz

Thanks for taking the time to reply. My apologies, I should have been clearer... I realize that GuitarPro can export in midi format (and from midi to GarageBand import). I was trying to avoid the $59.99 investment just to use the software as a way to convert files.

Do you know of any software conversion products that bridge the gap for a lesser investment?

Thanks again.

Convert from GuitarPro to GarageBand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.