Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adding short audio/visual clip to intro media in iBook author

I created a short clip that combines an image and some audio that I would like to add to the intro media section of my e book. I created the clip in Keynote. However, iBook Author won't accept it. I'm using an older version of Keynote (version 4.04, I believe.) The Widgets icon is grayed out when I open the Intro Media screen, so I can't import it that way. I've saved versions of this file in several formats: quicktime, html,and png but am unable to export any of them to iPhoto, iTunes or Imovie. Therefore I can't transfer them over from the Media in the toolbar into my intro media section. I can use the audio or the image in intro media but not a combination of the two. How can I create a version of my file that would combine both audio and image and that intro media will accept?

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 10:54 AM

6 replies

Jul 14, 2012 1:23 PM in response to K T

Thanks, but yes I've seen that. This tells you to use Widgets or convert the file using Compressor. However, Widgets are not available in intro media--the icon is grayed out. And I believe Compressor costs 50 or 60 bucks. I just want to drop one small file into the intro media. Seems like there ought to be an easy way to do this.

Jul 16, 2012 8:16 AM in response to tk0us

Thanks for the help offered. Here's what actually worked: I downloaded Handbrake from cnet.com. Handbrake allowed me to convert my Quicktime file to Mpeg-4. Once I did that, Quicktime let me convert that file to one compatible with Apple mobile devices. After I had that version of the file, I was able to drop it into intro media. All's well that ends well.

adding short audio/visual clip to intro media in iBook author

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.