Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EyeTV Radio recordings no longer play on iTunes

I have recently updated my EyeTV software on an iMac running the latest version of Lion. Until recently (after the update - to 3.1.1, I think), I could export Eyetv radio recordings to iPod format and they would automatically be placed in iTunes and could be played. Now, exported files are still created (allegedly M4A format) but they will not play on iTunes. I am not sure if this is an Elgato Eyetv or an iTunes problem. The files will play on VLC so the files have real data in them. I would be grateful for any advice.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 11:41 AM

6 replies

Jul 15, 2012 12:23 PM in response to Thinfourth2

I had a very quick and effective response from Elgato about this issue Here's what they said:

"Thanks for emailing us here at Elgato Customer Support. Sorry about the problem exporting radio recordings -- it's a bug with AAC files that was in the initial build of the new version of EyeTV 3.5.5. It should be fixed now, so please just download the latest build by clicking this link while EyeTV is running:

eyetv://checkforupdates?build=6849

Hope that sorts it. If not, please let us know."

Nice to know that customer support is so good.

EyeTV Radio recordings no longer play on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.