Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to attach pdf files to emails I'm sending to myself. Instead of attaching the file, it copies the text. I want the file so I can have it on my iPad. I've been able to do this in the past, but not the last two tries. What's wrong? Thanks.

Trying to attach pdf files to emails I'm sending to myself. Instead of attaching the file, it copies the text. I want the file so I can have it on my iPad. I've been able to do this in the past, but not the last two tries. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 1:43 PM

You aren't doing anything wrong.

If the PDF is short enough, your iPad Mail app will display the text as part of the mail.

Actually it is still an attachment.

Tap and HOLD on the text and you should see options to "Open In..." that will allow you to open the PDF in most PDF readers such as iBooks, GoodReader, etc.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2012 1:43 PM in response to kimacnz

You aren't doing anything wrong.

If the PDF is short enough, your iPad Mail app will display the text as part of the mail.

Actually it is still an attachment.

Tap and HOLD on the text and you should see options to "Open In..." that will allow you to open the PDF in most PDF readers such as iBooks, GoodReader, etc.

Trying to attach pdf files to emails I'm sending to myself. Instead of attaching the file, it copies the text. I want the file so I can have it on my iPad. I've been able to do this in the past, but not the last two tries. What's wrong? Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.