Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is font "inspector" not available?

Some how it "went away". I can control fonts in the format bar, but not otherwise. This just happened today. How do I get the "fonts" which is rightmost on the bar above the format bar to work again? To its left is Colors, Media, Inspector, etc.

Now using Mac OSX 10.6.8

User uploaded file

iMac (17-inch Late 2006), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 8:05 PM

Try typing Cmnd + t

Walt

12 replies

Jul 14, 2012 8:11 PM in response to Walt K

Walt

thank you for prompt response. command t does not change it - and selecting same from the menu does not work either.

I have been using Pages quite a bit this last week - using many fonts; then today I can't get that feature to work on new or existing documents.

I have restarted the computer as well.

Guess I will go for a re-install. Rather not do that.

Geo

Jul 15, 2012 12:21 PM in response to fruhulda

fruhulda

Thank you for your suggestion. I applied it and it did not work.

I re-installed iWork 09. That did not work either.

I have found that I have many "Font" folders.

After doing some research on where font folders are suppossed to be I will make changes and report on the result in this thread.

Anyone having had the same prombem is encouraged to contribute.

George

Jul 15, 2012 12:45 PM in response to GWH

By the way. The Font feature works fine in Keynote (which I seldom use) as well Numbers (which I never use).

I dumped all the fonts that had "problems"

Now Keynote and Numbers want "Marker Felt - thin" which was removed due to "problem".

I have no idea which Font Folder it should go in.

Jul 15, 2012 4:35 PM in response to GWH

I am a Dunce

After reinstalling iWorks and using Pacifist to reinstall fonts from the Snow Leopard disc and not seeing the "Fonts" I just decided to relax.

So I opened a PPS file that I had received in an email. The slide show is on the second screen, so I had to turn on the second screen. Guess what? That is where the font pallette was from Pages.

Thanks so much for the help and great insight. It is often difficult to help a dunce. But I sure appreciate so many people trying.

Now I need to find out why so many fonts are "cautioned" by Font Book.

Now I am going to go stand in the corner wearing my DUNCE cap.

Why is font "inspector" not available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.