Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EMERGENCY HELP!!! How do I format dvd so I can burn it into being playable on any dvd?

I have a macbook pro, I have a DVD-R disk, I successfuly burned the disk with my imovie film I made, it only plays on my mac, but not on a dvd player... HELP!!! Need to figure out how to format a Blank disk to be playable on any DVD!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 9:28 PM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2012 11:13 PM in response to Christian.Sicairos

Hi

Then You got iDVD or alike (must if You want a Video-DVD) - on desktop/finder You only can create Data-DVDs and they only play on a computer.

So we assume that You have and use iDVD - Then

• DO NOT insert any DVD until iDVD ask You to do so - else You get a Data-DVD

• in iDVD - under Preferences (iDVD menu and down) - select Advance tab - at bottom here Set Burn Speed to x2 or x4 - as slow possibly

Slowing down Burn Speed results in far less Burn Errors = Plays on more DVD-players

Brand of DVD - Matters Greatly when creating a VIDEO-DVD - I only use Verbatim. Never Ever Memorex or NoName etc. Cheap brands - they just doesn't work for me.

Yours Bengt W

EMERGENCY HELP!!! How do I format dvd so I can burn it into being playable on any dvd?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.