Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Size of iPhoto Library greatly over estimated by Aperture on import.

Trying to import a 106GB iPhoto library into Aperture. I get "Error Importing Library. 1500.80 GB is needed, but only 469.29 GB available." Anyone know what's up? Both apps on latest version.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 9:17 AM

11 replies

Jul 15, 2012 1:47 PM in response to Earthling7

Have you upgraded your iPhoto Library already to iPhoto 9.3.1? If not, open it first in in the current iPhoto version.

This problem has been reported by several posters. For me the following work-around did the trick:

1. Open (not import) the iPhoto Library in Aperture.
  2. Then export the iPhoto Library as a new Aperture Library.
  3. Import the new Aperture Library into your current Aperture Library.

Regards

Léonie

Jul 16, 2012 8:10 AM in response to Earthling7

I wasn't able to export the iPhoto library until I followed a tip to place all the projects into a folder. That worked and then new Aperture library seems to be an exact replica of the old iPhoto library.

It hasn't solved anything though, as I now get this: "1896.37 GB is needed, but only 464.40 GB is available." It's gotten worse as it said 1500GB yesterday.

Both libraries are on the latest release and I have ca 25.000 images in the old library. It is just short of 106GB on disk.

Size of iPhoto Library greatly over estimated by Aperture on import.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.