Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DIRECTLY Import Documents?

How do you directly import documents from your computer to your iPad 3? I do NOT have Internet access which is why I need to do this directly from the computer to the iPad 3. I saw where you can go from the iPad 3 to computer, but not vice versa. I do have Pages app but still no joy. This should be basic, what am I missing?

iPad HD-OTHER, iOS 5.1, 64GB Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 11:44 AM

You can go to and from the iPad without needing internet access. For the Pages app see this page. For other apps it will depend upon what they support e.g. via the file sharing section at the bottom of the device's apps tab when connected to iTunes, via wifi and potentially also via internet routes as well e.g. email and dropbox.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2012 11:44 AM in response to MyApple8MyPC

You can go to and from the iPad without needing internet access. For the Pages app see this page. For other apps it will depend upon what they support e.g. via the file sharing section at the bottom of the device's apps tab when connected to iTunes, via wifi and potentially also via internet routes as well e.g. email and dropbox.

Jul 15, 2012 11:47 AM in response to MyApple8MyPC

Connect the iPad to your Mac and launch iTunes. Click on the iPad name under devices. Click on the apps tab in iTunes and scroll down to File Sharing Apps. Then click on Pages in the file sharing apps window. Now drag the document from your desktop into the file sharing window on the right - or you can click on Add at the bottom of the window and navigate to the file on the computer.

Launch Pages on the iPad and click on the + sign in the upper left corner. Tap on Copy from iTunes. A window will open up with the document in it and you can download the file into Pages from there.

Jul 17, 2012 1:33 PM in response to MyApple8MyPC

What document types will the pages app allow?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4641

Does any style support links?

Note quite sure what you mean by this.

Is there a way to convert my Apple rtf docs so they will work with the Apple iPad3?

Use Pages on a Mac to save the documents in Pages format, or Word or another app that can read RTF (LibreOffice, perhaps) to save as a .doc.

Regards.

DIRECTLY Import Documents?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.