Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture imports Lumix GF2 RAW files with strong green colour cast

I'm using Aperture 3.3.1 with Digital Camera RAW 3.14.0 built 6460000.1 and iPhoto 9.3.1

When importing RAW files from my Panasonic Lumix GF2 into Aperture, the initial thumbnails are fine (it displays those embedded in the RAW file), but when Aperture has finished its processing, thumbails and full size images are dark and green - it seems only the green channel has been taken into account.

When importing the same photos in iPhotos, they look normal, with all their colours.

If I open the iPhoto library with Aperture, the photos are fine as well.

This is the first time I import photos since updating Aperture, iPhoto and Camera RAW a few days ago - I had the previous versions from before the updates issued around the last WWDC event.

I would have assumed iPhoto and Aperture use the same Camera RAW engine so I don't understand how Aperture is "broken" but not iPhoto.

Any ideas for the resolution of this issue are welcome.

Thanks.

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 1:51 PM

I applied the solution found on this this page:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3948457?start=0&tstart=0

Read the instructions carefully as there is a space to remove (introduce by the line break in the forum), then you need to reboot your Mac.

I solved my problem for new image imports. Regenerating the thumbails of already imported images didn't change anything. I gues this was because my issue was not just with the thumbails, but the whole image, without the Quick Preview feature activated.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2012 1:51 PM in response to Kermitz1

I applied the solution found on this this page:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3948457?start=0&tstart=0

Read the instructions carefully as there is a space to remove (introduce by the line break in the forum), then you need to reboot your Mac.

I solved my problem for new image imports. Regenerating the thumbails of already imported images didn't change anything. I gues this was because my issue was not just with the thumbails, but the whole image, without the Quick Preview feature activated.

Aperture imports Lumix GF2 RAW files with strong green colour cast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.