Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to Apple TV tab in iTunes Preferences

It disappeared. So I can't share my ITunes library on my Apple TV. What's up with that?

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 2:46 PM

4 replies

Jul 15, 2012 3:27 PM in response to Chris CA

I have a 3rd gen appletv. I have iTunes 10.6.3 on both my '08 iMac and my early 2011 MBP. When I go to iTunes preferences, there is a AppleTV button in that window on the imac but has disappeared on the MBP. I tried reinstalling iTunes but it hasn't come back. Perhaps it is not suppose to be there with the newer versions of AppleTV since it doesn't require syncing anymore. I did have the iMac synced with my 1st gen ATV that I don't use anymore. I just wonder why ATV no longer appears on the MBP.

Anyway, I quit iTunes on the iMac and the AppleTV now connects to iTunes on the MBP. Before it automatically showed both computers.

So I guess the problem is solved for now. Just seems quirky.

Jul 15, 2012 9:17 PM in response to David C

Perhaps it is not suppose to be there with the newer versions of AppleTV since it doesn't require syncing anymore.

Correct.

The AppleTV should not show up anywhere in iTunes for AppleTV 2 or 3.

It is only 1st gen AppleTV to to select what to sync to it.

SInce you do not sync anything to the AppleTV 2 or 3, there's nothing to set in iTunes.

The AppleTV can only connect to one iTunes library at a time.

What happened to Apple TV tab in iTunes Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.