Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Large pdf files after saving with Preview.app

Hi,

I need to annote pdf files with comments and corrections and send it back to collaborators. I was plesantly surprised that Lion's Preview.app can do that. Unfortunately, I found several fallbacks and I am wondering if there is a workaround.

1. There is no "Save As" in menues. There is "Duplicate" but strangely enough I could not annotate document once duplicated; text was no longer selectable. I was duplicated as pdf.

2. Annotate documents are huge compared to original (9MB from 3MB file). I tried the same thing with Adobe Reader and the file size remained the same. I'd like to avoid bloated adobe stuff if possible. Again, is this normal?

In the short time I used annotation with preview.app I found it very friendly and intuitive. However, issues above are highly annoying .... although perhaps not deal-breakers.

Thanks, R>

Mac mini Server (Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3), Preview.app

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 4:47 PM

There are no replies.

Large pdf files after saving with Preview.app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.