You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone search history showing up on computer

Hello,

I bought an iPhone 4s two days ago. I've set it up and synced it with my iTunes account. I use wifi when I am at home. Today I noticed that my iPhone search history is showing up on my computer and vice versa. Could someone please tell me how to stop this from happening?

I'm not sure if this information is necessary but my computer operates on Windows Vista and I use Google Chrome as a browser. I purchased my phone through Verizon.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 6:28 PM

5 replies

Jul 15, 2012 6:55 PM in response to hasn8010

You're welcome.

Syncing Safari bookmarks is supported with Safari on a Mac and with Safari on Windows, but the search history is not included. If not included with Safari on either platform, not sure how history would be included between Google Chrome on Windows when syncing bookmarks with Chrome is not supported.

Syncing Safari tabs and history along with Bookmarks will be supported with Safari under Mountain Lion to be released this month in conjunction with iCloud syncing over the air with iOS devices under iOS 6.

iPhone search history showing up on computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.