Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration assistant completed. I need help.

I used migration assistant a few weeks after I got my new Macbook Pro. I wanted my pictures and videos, music, and word doc. files that have (completed) schoolwork on them. I guess I was expecting for everything to magically show up as I have never done this before. I saw in System Preferences that I have the Admin user account that I set up with the new MBP as current user and then 3 other accounts (I only ever actually used one) from my old MB.

1. Can I delete (and how do I delete) Microsoft Office '08? I am assuming it migrated from old MB to new MBP and I have Office '11 installed on new MBP so I don't want it taking up space.

2. Can I delete (and how) my old user accounts?

3. How do I get my pics, music, and docs saved into the apps on the new MBP?

I hope this all made sense. Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 6:38 PM

Hi n,

MS Office 08 has its own uninstaller. Look in Applications > Microsoft (I don't remember the exact name or folder).

If you're sure you have everything you need from the old user accounts, yes, you can delete them. In 10.6, go to Sys Prefs > Accounts > click the lock to make changes > enter password > click on the account to delete > click the minus sign at the bottom of the window (I don't know how much different it is in 10.7).

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2012 6:38 PM in response to nich617

Hi n,

MS Office 08 has its own uninstaller. Look in Applications > Microsoft (I don't remember the exact name or folder).

If you're sure you have everything you need from the old user accounts, yes, you can delete them. In 10.6, go to Sys Prefs > Accounts > click the lock to make changes > enter password > click on the account to delete > click the minus sign at the bottom of the window (I don't know how much different it is in 10.7).

Jul 15, 2012 7:27 PM in response to tjk

There is nothing in my documents folder. I did go to my Mac hard drive and filtered by user and noticed that the files that are under the old user names (where I am assuming my files are) seem to be locked with a little red circle in the corner of the folder and when I click on the folder (for instance, "music"), it doesn't go any further.

Migration assistant completed. I need help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.