Skip navigation

Syncing Issues

249 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2012 5:15 PM by planb77 RSS
KiaraElisa Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 15, 2012 9:15 PM

So, i recently switched my itunes from one laptop to another. Everything was good until i bought some songs. I tried syncing my ipod and the purchased music would not sync onto the ipod. I also have all of these songs from the other laptop on my ipod that won't transfer into itunes. I'm not sure what to do because I know that if i restore my ipod, all of the music that's not on itunes, but on the ipod, will be erased. So what will fix these problems?

iPod nano, Windows 7
  • planb77 Level 7 Level 7 (32,255 points)
    Jul 16, 2012 1:00 PM (in response to KiaraElisa)

Your iPod is designed to sync with only one iTunes library at a time.  It will recognize the iTunes library on the other laptop as a new library.  If you sync the iPod with this new library, all content will be erased from the iPod and replaced with what is in the new library. So what you will want to do is consolidate of your iTunes content onto either one of the latops and then sync your iPod with just that laptop.

B-rock

• planb77 Level 7 Level 7 (32,255 points)
    Jul 24, 2012 5:15 PM (in response to KiaraElisa)

So you have some music on an iPod that you want to sync to your one remaining laptop correct? If so, see this older post from another forum member Zevoneer covering the different methods and software available to assist you with the task of copying content from your iPod back to your PC and into iTunes.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2452022?start=0&tstart=0

B-rock

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.