Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Issues

So, i recently switched my itunes from one laptop to another. Everything was good until i bought some songs. I tried syncing my ipod and the purchased music would not sync onto the ipod. I also have all of these songs from the other laptop on my ipod that won't transfer into itunes. I'm not sure what to do because I know that if i restore my ipod, all of the music that's not on itunes, but on the ipod, will be erased. So what will fix these problems?

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 1:00 PM

Your iPod is designed to sync with only one iTunes library at a time. It will recognize the iTunes library on the other laptop as a new library. If you sync the iPod with this new library, all content will be erased from the iPod and replaced with what is in the new library. So what you will want to do is consolidate of your iTunes content onto either one of the latops and then sync your iPod with just that laptop.

B-rock

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2012 1:00 PM in response to KiaraElisa

Your iPod is designed to sync with only one iTunes library at a time. It will recognize the iTunes library on the other laptop as a new library. If you sync the iPod with this new library, all content will be erased from the iPod and replaced with what is in the new library. So what you will want to do is consolidate of your iTunes content onto either one of the latops and then sync your iPod with just that laptop.

B-rock

Jul 24, 2012 5:15 PM in response to KiaraElisa

So you have some music on an iPod that you want to sync to your one remaining laptop correct? If so, see this older post from another forum member Zevoneer covering the different methods and software available to assist you with the task of copying content from your iPod back to your PC and into iTunes.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2452022?start=0&tstart=0

B-rock

Syncing Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.