Skip navigation

which format  adobe RGB (1998) or sRGB IEC61966-2

668 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2012 10:41 AM by William Lloyd RSS
mettemoms Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 16, 2012 3:37 AM

Which format  adobe RGB (1998) or sRGB IEC61966-2.1 is best for filing? Raw or Jpeg. When I load photoes from my nikon D700 or leica M8, to Aperture I get these 2 formats, do I have to keep them both or can I delite one of the versions in my library to save space?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.7.4), Mac OS X version 10.7.4
  • William Lloyd Level 6 Level 6 (19,195 points)
    Jul 16, 2012 7:28 AM (in response to mettemoms)

Are you shooting RAW+JPEG?  Because otherwise what you're asking doesn't really make sense... you shouldn't have a different file for each color space.

• William Lloyd Level 6 Level 6 (19,195 points)
    Jul 16, 2012 10:41 AM (in response to mettemoms)

In 99% of cases you want the RAW file.

Can I ask why you're shooting RAW+JPEG?  In general, unless you have a very specific workflow (i.e. shooting 2000 shots for a sporting event, and getting them to an editor), a RAW-only workflow makes a lot more sense than RAW+JPEG because with Aperture you can create a JPEG from the RAW any time you want.

So keep the RAW file.  But Aperture will import them both, and managing that takes more work and effort unless you have a very specific reason for shooting RAW+JPEG.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.