Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

which format adobe RGB (1998) or sRGB IEC61966-2

Which format adobe RGB (1998) or sRGB IEC61966-2.1 is best for filing? Raw or Jpeg. When I load photoes from my nikon D700 or leica M8, to Aperture I get these 2 formats, do I have to keep them both or can I delite one of the versions in my library to save space?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.7.4), Mac OS X version 10.7.4

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 7:28 AM

Are you shooting RAW+JPEG? Because otherwise what you're asking doesn't really make sense... you shouldn't have a different file for each color space.

3 replies

Jul 16, 2012 10:41 AM in response to mettemoms

In 99% of cases you want the RAW file.

Can I ask why you're shooting RAW+JPEG? In general, unless you have a very specific workflow (i.e. shooting 2000 shots for a sporting event, and getting them to an editor), a RAW-only workflow makes a lot more sense than RAW+JPEG because with Aperture you can create a JPEG from the RAW any time you want.

So keep the RAW file. But Aperture will import them both, and managing that takes more work and effort unless you have a very specific reason for shooting RAW+JPEG.

which format adobe RGB (1998) or sRGB IEC61966-2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.