Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts Artwork Disappearing

I aunched the Podcasts app yesterday, and all my artwork was gone. I subscribed to a new podcast then, and the artwork for that shows- just the old ones aren't showing, and only on my iPhone (not my iPad).

Any id

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1, White, 64 GB, Unlocked

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 10:53 AM

I have the same problem. Last night, Podcasts filled my iphone up because it decided not to delete old episodes before I downloaded the new ones (A common problem with the app for me, but this time there was a video podcast that took up a lot of room); this caused iOS to trigger it's "Cleaning..." operation on many apps. After this completed, all the album art was missing from the Podcasts app.

Since the cleaning was triggered, I get the feeling that Podcasts is storing the art in a temp directory, which caused it to be deleted by iOS, but then since there is no way I can find to trigger it to refresh, we are stuck with out art until something triggers it to re-download.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2012 10:53 AM in response to killa.k

I have the same problem. Last night, Podcasts filled my iphone up because it decided not to delete old episodes before I downloaded the new ones (A common problem with the app for me, but this time there was a video podcast that took up a lot of room); this caused iOS to trigger it's "Cleaning..." operation on many apps. After this completed, all the album art was missing from the Podcasts app.

Since the cleaning was triggered, I get the feeling that Podcasts is storing the art in a temp directory, which caused it to be deleted by iOS, but then since there is no way I can find to trigger it to refresh, we are stuck with out art until something triggers it to re-download.

Jul 17, 2013 9:30 PM in response to killa.k

I'm on iOS 6, iP5 and iPad Mini.

Related issue I think. The non-iTunes available podcasts (i.e. old radio shows I chucked into my Mac's iTunes, then set to Media Type "Podcasts" in the metadata) are ALL appearing all mixed-up under ONE folder just on my iOS devices (Mac shows them correctly). The artwork also gets all mixed-up.

W T F?? Cannot fix this any way I've tried. So utterly a n n o y i n g !!!

I wanted to import into iTunes a stack of old favourite radio shows into the logical Podcasts section, but seemingly this issue means it's now on hold PERMINENTLY. Why can't Apple finally fix this issue, it's been ongoing now for months, FFS!

Podcasts Artwork Disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.