Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble deleting mail in "all mail". I delete but the mail keeps coming back.

Why won't mail that has been deleted stay deleted? I keep deleting unwanted mail but it keeps reloading. And does all mail have to include junk mail?

iMac, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 1:05 PM

5 replies

Jul 19, 2012 8:55 AM in response to BDAqua

I hate Lion. Why does the same mail have to into so many folders. Mail in "Important" deletes fine. Mail in Spam deletes fine, its only "All Mail" I have problem with. No matter how often I delete it and no matter how many I delete at a time, it always come back. I did what you suggested but it hasn't helped. THis morning all the mail was back again.

Any way I can ditch Lion and go back to Snow Leopard?

Jul 6, 2015 3:00 AM in response to KatchSung

In Mail, go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts then take a look at your settings for each account you have.

If you have a look at your settings for Junk you probably have it set to Store Junk Messages on the Server.

This is ok, but if you have it set to Never Delete Junk Messages they will keep coming back to your Junk Mailbox.

If you set it to Delete Junk Messages after One Day or One Week after this time they should not come back to your Junk Mailbox.

I hope this helps as I know how frustrating this can be.

Having trouble deleting mail in "all mail". I delete but the mail keeps coming back.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.