Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing website but phone is asking for authentication

Ok I cannot seem to find anything to help me. When I try to access my school website, I get a pop up that says Authentication Required and asks for an ID and password. How can I get this info so that I can access my school website? I have an iPhone 4

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 2:45 PM

10 replies

Jul 16, 2012 4:25 PM in response to Staceyfromaz

Well, I can access the website from my laptop browser, but if I try on my iPhone it is asking for authentication as you say, both a username and password. I really couldn't tell you why. Doesn't make sense to me, since it seems to be a public website.

Maybe it is because Safari sends info that it is a mobile web browser. Let me try another app.

Message was edited by: ChrisJ4203

It asks for authentication in Atomic Lite, and it won't load at all in Apollo Browser.

Message was edited by: ChrisJ4203

Jul 16, 2012 5:21 PM in response to Staceyfromaz

Tell the IT department that the problem is easy to demonstrate, you don't need a mobile device. Just change the browser's user agent to mobile Safari. I just set Lion Safari to use iOS 4.3.3 user agent and it redirected to a mobile page. It would work fine if they didn't redirect. Send this information to the IT department.

http://www.riosalado.edu/_layouts/mobile/mblwp.aspx?Url=%2FPages%2Fdefault%2Easp x

Accessing website but phone is asking for authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.