3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2012 4:21 PM by chicster
aapl.crox Level 1 Level 1

I've just setup my first Lion server and am using a test user. I've successfully binded the client computer. All the DNS setup seems to work (forward and reverse). But a weird thing is, sometimes the "Other" option in the login window just disappears randomly. Sometimes it'll be there, sometimes it'll just show only the local users.

I don't get it. Any ideas?

Reply by chicster on Jul 16, 2012 4:06 PM Helpful
What I have found is that it can take 15 to 30 seconds (or as we refer to that much time in IT, forever) to show up.  Even if you log in as a network user and log right back out. Made me remember the shortcut for getting the name and password screen: Command-Option-an arrow key and press return.

All replies

• chicster Level 2 Level 2

What I have found is that it can take 15 to 30 seconds (or as we refer to that much time in IT, forever) to show up.  Even if you log in as a network user and log right back out.

Made me remember the shortcut for getting the name and password screen:

Command-Option-an arrow key and press return.

• aapl.crox Level 1 Level 1

Actually you are right....that's so weird.

Should we switching everyone to name and password screen? Does that screen mean we don't have to wait?

Also, command-option-arrow does nothing for us for some reason.

• chicster Level 2 Level 2

Well, yes, if you change to name and password, you don't have to wait.

And it is command-option-(one of the four arrows) and then while holding those down press the return key.