Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My itune is not working on my Macbook pro!

I tried to re-install the program, but that doesn't seem to help.

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 8:30 PM

10 replies

Jul 17, 2012 12:50 PM in response to gfmikhail

Do you see an error message?

Does iTunes start normally in another user account?

Do you have a QuickTime component in one of the following folders?

• ~/Library/Components
  • ~/Library/QuickTime Note: The "~" represents your Home folder.

(from iTunes 10 for Mac: May quit unexpectedly on launch)

To see the user-specific path that's mentioned, just click Finder > Go > hold Option + click Library, which is hidden if you aren't holding Option.

Jul 17, 2012 9:35 PM in response to whatheck

Thank you for responding to my question. The message I get is "the itunes application could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (13010).

Itune works on another user account, but of course library is empty.

I was hoping to un-install and reinstall again if nothing else works, but I'm not sure how to do that. If there there is a way to fix it, i'll go for that first.

Jul 18, 2012 12:11 PM in response to gfmikhail

Try updating iTunes and Mac OS on your computer by clicking the Apple > Software Update.

If it keeps happening, try starting iTines in safe mode by holding the Option and Command keys when you start iTunes.

If iTunes starts normally in safe mode, try pulling older iTunes plug-ins.

/Users/username/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/

/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/

To see the user-specific path that's mentioned above, just click Finder > Go > hold Option + click Library, which is hidden if you aren't holding Option.

And if it doesn't start normally in safe mode, try re-creating the iTunes library.

Mar 13, 2013 11:36 AM in response to gfmikhail

This is a permissioning issue. All you need to do is verify the disk (via disk utility). It should catch and identify the mismatch. Then simply repair the disk. BOOM! You should be rocking and rolling once you click on iTunes again. FYI - if the native iOS disk utility does not catch and identify the mismatch, try verfying the disk with a program like CCleaner.

Mar 13, 2013 12:16 PM in response to okdeadhead

"Simply verifying the disk" doesn't do anything but check for problems. You'd have to do a "repair disk" to fix something.

If you really meant permissions, that wouldn't help the OP, since his problem is user specific. Repairing permissions with Disk Utility only repairs permissions outside the home folder. If you did this and it fixed your issue, you weren't having the same problem as the OP.

My itune is not working on my Macbook pro!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.