Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New episodes aren't appearing on iTunes?

I've been uploading my podcast for a couple of years now, but the latest 3 episodes - uploaded at the weekend - won't appear in the itunes store or on the weblink the episodes: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/picturehouse-podcast/id393128786

Also noticed that Episode 124 appears in my subscription on the iTunes store but not visible through the weblink.

Any ideas & help much appreciated!

Thanks
Sam

Podcast / iTunes

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 11:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 12:07 AM

There is an error in your feed which is rendering it unreadable. In the entry 'Picturehouse Extra: ELECTRICK CHILDREN director interview' of 16 July the 'itunes:summary' tag reads

<itunes:summary>Sam talks filmmaking, mormons and music with Rebecca Thomas, the writer and director of ELECTRICK CHILDREN<itunes:summary>

Note that you are missing the slash in the closing tag which should read </itunes:summary>. Since this tag is never closed it invalidates everything following, and since that includes the closing tags it invalidates the entire feed.

You have duplicated episode 'Picturehouse 122' - this is not fatal as iTunes will ignore it. There are also some minor errors to do with dates - please see the FeedValidator Report.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2012 12:07 AM in response to sam_clements

There is an error in your feed which is rendering it unreadable. In the entry 'Picturehouse Extra: ELECTRICK CHILDREN director interview' of 16 July the 'itunes:summary' tag reads

<itunes:summary>Sam talks filmmaking, mormons and music with Rebecca Thomas, the writer and director of ELECTRICK CHILDREN<itunes:summary>

Note that you are missing the slash in the closing tag which should read </itunes:summary>. Since this tag is never closed it invalidates everything following, and since that includes the closing tags it invalidates the entire feed.

You have duplicated episode 'Picturehouse 122' - this is not fatal as iTunes will ignore it. There are also some minor errors to do with dates - please see the FeedValidator Report.

Jul 17, 2012 5:53 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hi Roger,

Thanks for this, have closed that tag and deleted the double episode.

Thanks for letting me know about the minor errors. I'm unsure how to fix these, as I'm not really sure what the problem is - I'm seeing little red arrows below the time and GMT. But it seems to work fine for some dates?

Sorry to ask for even more help - but do you know how to remedy these?

Thanks

Sam

Jul 17, 2012 6:23 AM in response to sam_clements

I can't see anything wrong with line 3059, I don't what it's complaining about there; but line 2588 should be Feb not feb.

As to the 'itunes:explicit' tag you only need this if you have strong or sexual language in your podcast. I see you do have a couple set anyway. You can ignore this.

The feed does now work when subscribing: it will probably take a couple of days for the Store to catch up.

Jul 17, 2012 10:33 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks Roger. This is really helpful - hugely appreciated.

With regards to the months (Feb not feb) looking through my feed, I often don't use a captial letter at the start. Should I go though and change these?

I dropped the 'explicit' tag in the ones where we've had guests who've sworn on it. As we don't normally swear, I thought the tag should be dropped in. Just to be on the safe side.

Cheers!

Sam

Jul 17, 2012 11:12 PM in response to sam_clements

You should use the capital letter. You are right to use the 'explicit' tag where strong language occurs - failure to do so can get you removed from the Store. Incidentally, though this probably isn't a concern for you, you should never use strong language in a title or description, even with the explicit tag set, since thes are immediately visible to everyone. If people who might be offended download a tagged episode then at least they've been warned.

New episodes aren't appearing on iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.