Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile installation failed

I have been trying for about a month now to get device management working on my local network. When I try to enrol a workstation Safari downloads a file called ota_profile.mobileconfig and opens it in System Preferences. I then click through two dialog boxes relating to Device Enrolment. I then get a couple of dialog boxes relating to Remote Management. I click Continue on both of these then enter the user name and password (user is has administrator privileges).

I am then presented with a message:

Profile installation failed.

The profile “Remote Management (com.apple.config.server.mydomain.com.mdm)” could not be installed due to an unexpected error.

Within the Console app the following entry gets produced:

17/07/12 7:05:56.271 AM System Preferences: *** ERROR *** [CPInstallerUI:502] Profile installation (Remote Management (com.apple.config.server.mydomain.com.mdm)) (Checkin 'Authenticate' failed: 0 <InternalError:1>)

I have read as many other discussions relating to this issue and tried everything advised. I have erased and reinstalled system and sever software on my machines, made sure all necessary ports have been forwarded correctly, demote an Open Directory master to a stand-alone server, reset the Profile Manager database using wipeDB.sh... I don't know what else I can try.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!? It's driving me mad.

Any new insights, things to test, things to try. I really need to get to the bottom of this.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 1:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 2:55 PM

Well after calling apple and getting no help there I ended up puchasing a 3rd party verified certificate and also doing a clean install of the server. One of these seems to have helped. I can now get the client machine to accept the profile...

Onto the next problem.

1 reply

Profile installation failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.