Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Starting Bootcamp Win 7 but drivers will not work???

Hi,

I am struggling with using Windows 7 though Bootcamp (I know, who wnats to do this anyway, but i'm forced to sometimes). I run Win 7 both through Parallels and sometimes needs to boot directly into Win 7. All the drivers install when Windows is running from the Virtual machine (and BTW the Coherence format works great), but when booting my Macbook pro directly from the Windows partition (holding the Alt key at startup and choosing the Bootcamp partition), then it seems there are no drivers?

I land on the start screen of Windows 7, but can't continue as nor the keyboard or the trackpad respond, so I can't input the user Password and start a session. Also, the lousy screen definition led me to wonder that actually the drivers I see installed in the control panel when in run from the Virtual machine (and working normally) are also loading when booting only in Windows 7.

Any tips would be great 🙂

Y.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 5:07 AM

2 replies

Jul 18, 2012 6:59 AM in response to Shootist007

Hi,

the drivers are installed when installing Windows 7 on the partition and are visible (and enabled) when checking the confirguration of Windows software control panel on a Virtual machine (i.e. Parallels). But when I start directly from Bootcamp (Atl at startup), then trackpad and keyboard are not active and cannot not log in a Windows session 😟.

Starting Bootcamp Win 7 but drivers will not work???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.