Skip navigation

Starting Bootcamp Win 7 but drivers will not work???

176 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2012 6:59 AM by Yaann RSS
Yaann Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 17, 2012 5:07 AM

Hi,

I am struggling with using Windows 7 though Bootcamp (I know, who wnats to do this anyway, but i'm forced to sometimes). I run Win 7 both through Parallels and sometimes needs to boot directly into Win 7. All the drivers install when Windows is running from the Virtual machine (and BTW the Coherence format works great), but when booting my Macbook pro directly from the Windows partition (holding the Alt key at startup and choosing the Bootcamp partition), then it seems there are no drivers?

I land on the start screen of Windows 7, but can't continue as nor the keyboard or the trackpad respond, so I can't input the user Password and start a session. Also, the lousy screen definition led me to wonder that actually the drivers I see installed in the control panel when in run from the Virtual machine (and working normally) are also loading when booting only in Windows 7.

Any tips would be great

Y.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)
  • Shootist007 Level 6 Level 6 (16,640 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 17, 2012 5:49 AM (in response to Yaann)

Did you download the Windows support software from Apple when you first ran Boot Camp? If you did, did you install those Win Support files once Windows was installed?

If not then that is why you have not drivers when booting to Windows.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.