Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync a rental movie from my PC to my iPad?

I have downloaded a rental movie onto my PC in the iTunes rental folder. I then linked my new iPad & the movie did not sync to my iPad - how come?

All my music synced just fine.

Thanks in advance for the help.

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 8:13 AM

12 replies

Jul 17, 2012 8:16 AM in response to bobisactive

You Move the film, you do not sync it.

Once the rental is downloaded, you can watch it on your computer or transfer the rental to a supported iPod, iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV (1st generation):

1. Connect the device and select it in iTunes.
  2. Click the Movies button.
  3. Select the movie, and then click Move.
  4. After all movies have been moved, click Apply in the lower-right corner of iTunes.

You must be connected to the Internet to transfer a rented movie.

Copied from here.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1390

Dec 18, 2012 5:04 PM in response to bobisactive

I am also missing something. The movie is on my computer but I can't get it to move. One post links us to a webpage that says to click the check box next to the movie and then click on the move button. Another says to select the movie and then click on the move button.

My issue is I don't have a check box next to the movie and I can't find a way to "select" the movie. I only have one movie that I rented. The move box is there, but it is greyed out.

I see a note about being connected to the internet. - I am.

I can't figure this out! Thanks.

Dec 19, 2012 7:39 AM in response to Demo

THANK YOU.

For the restricting part - Movies says: All, so I think I am fine there.

BUT

for the same ID... it appears I do NOT have the same ID on my iPad because when I try to enter the same password that I used to sing into my iTunes and this discussion, the iPad is telling me my password is incorrect.

But I don't know what the password on my iPad is, and I can't figure out how to find out, or change it.

So you may have found the problem- THANK YOU, but I don't know how to fix it! Can you continue to help? THANKS.

Dec 19, 2012 7:53 AM in response to rsobieski

First of all you can check your Apple ID in settings>store>Apple ID. Your Apple ID should be an email address. Whatever ID that you used to rent the movie is the same ID that you need to be signed into on the iPad.

Is that ID the same that you see in the settings as the ID that you used to rent the movie with? If it isn't, then you need to tap on the ID in the settings and sign out and then sign in with the correct ID.

Dec 20, 2012 8:11 AM in response to Demo

Thanks for all your help. My Apple ID matched, but for some reason the apple password I would use on my computer would not work for my ipad. So I changed my password on the ipad, which changed my password for my ipad and when using apple on my computer. so now they match again.

But I still couldn't get the movie to move. I was also having some other odd issues - taking over 8 hours to sync and photos going to my ipad several times. So I decided to clean the slate.
I returned my ipad to the factory settings and reloaded all my data. Finally the movie went to my ipad!

So, something odd was happening. But it is all fixed now.

Thanks again!

How do I sync a rental movie from my PC to my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.