Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Airport Extreme suddenly lost LAN connection to my printer. Green LAN light not on. How do I correct the problem? UBS to the printer works fine. I have Wifi internet.

My Airport Extreme suddenly lost LAN connection to my printer. Green LAN light not on. How do I correct the problem? UBS to the printer works fine. I have Wifi internet.

Airport Extreme-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 11:36 AM

4 replies

Jul 17, 2012 1:39 PM in response to Michael36Ravine

I assume that you have already tested to make sure that your Ethernet cable is working properly.

Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the LAN port and power off the AirPort Exteme and the printer.

Connect the Ethernet cable again and power up the AirPort Extreme and let it run a few minutes, then power up the printer.

Test the connection again. If the light is still off next to the port, try another LAN port on the AirPort Extreme.

If all of the lights are off on the LAN ports, unfortunately you likely have a defective Ethernet switch and the AirPort Extreme will need to be replaced.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.