Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have bought some movies and the don't sync to my iPod touch it comes up with this message that says it cannot be played on my iPod. Please can someone help

I have brought some movies and they just come up with this message that says it cannot be played on this iPod. I've bought movies before without iTunes Extras but these have iTunes extras and they don't want to sync with my iPod

Does anyone know what is wrong?

iPod touch

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 12:46 PM

Sounds like you are trying to sync the HD version of the video. You should try to download the Standard Definition copy instead and sync that to your device as HD content is only compatible with the 4G iPod Touch. See here for more information:

iTunes: May be unable to transfer videos to iPhone, iPad, or iPod

To prevent HD versions from being downloaded in the future head to the iTunes Store, click the Purchased link, and then select TV Shows and remove the tick mark next to Download HD when available. You should be able to download the SD version now from under this same page.

B-rock

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2012 12:46 PM in response to Unknown...

Sounds like you are trying to sync the HD version of the video. You should try to download the Standard Definition copy instead and sync that to your device as HD content is only compatible with the 4G iPod Touch. See here for more information:

iTunes: May be unable to transfer videos to iPhone, iPad, or iPod

To prevent HD versions from being downloaded in the future head to the iTunes Store, click the Purchased link, and then select TV Shows and remove the tick mark next to Download HD when available. You should be able to download the SD version now from under this same page.

B-rock

I have bought some movies and the don't sync to my iPod touch it comes up with this message that says it cannot be played on my iPod. Please can someone help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.