Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Non-Retina MBP 15" 2.6Ghz Battery life vs. Retina MBP 2.3 Ghz

Hey all, I have a question regarding the battery life in these two units. Since the release of the rMBP, I have been planning on purchasing it. Now that I have the money for it, I'm starting to have some doubts because of all of the problems with both the hardware and the software people are reporting. That coupled with the non-serviceability of all the parts in the rMBP is starting to make me thing the non-retina is a better choice. I was thinking about the performance of these two machines though, and I realized that the non-retina MBP must have sub-par battery life with the 2.6 Ghz i7 processor if the rMBP's massive battery can simply sustain it. Does the display on the rMBP consume more energy which would then balance out with the non-retina MBP? I may be completely off here as I am not the most technical person in the world. One of the reasons I am switching from Windows to Mac is the close integration of hardware and software which allows Macs to have awesome trackpads, keyboards, battery life, etc.. So this is a huge determining factor for me. Thanks for any input!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 2:13 PM

There are no replies.

Non-Retina MBP 15" 2.6Ghz Battery life vs. Retina MBP 2.3 Ghz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.