Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folders on flash drive are suddenly in reverse alphabetical order. How do I fix alphabetical order?

Folders on my flash drive are suddenly in reverse alphabetical order, and I can't open them. How do I get them back in alphabetical order? Why won't they open?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 2:29 PM

5 replies

Jul 18, 2012 7:12 AM in response to Kris1103

I don't know what looking at them in Finder means; I'm a total amateur at this. I've opened the Finder icon from time to time to see what it does, and it makes no sense to me.

I thought I was just using Microsoft Word, as that's what most of my documents are. When I shut down the computer for a bit and re-start it, then the folders show up in the correct order. Clicking on the "Name" column made things worse: the files came out of the folders and arranged themselves alphabetically, so the whole list of my flash drive contents was a mess. Right now everything is okay, but can you tell me how to prevent this reverse alphabetizing from happening in the future? Did I commit a slip of the finger on the pad?

Folders on flash drive are suddenly in reverse alphabetical order. How do I fix alphabetical order?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.