Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the newest Macbook Pro have AMD Radeon GPUs?

I'm looking to buy a new Macbook Pro within a few months, but was disappointed to see there were no AMD GPUs or even the option to add one in any of the current MBP models. Will Apple be adding AMD options anytime soon to the MBP family?

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 3:03 PM

6 replies

Jul 17, 2012 3:21 PM in response to Courcoul

Not really sure what the issue is with Nvidia GPUs. The one in the new Macs is supposedly the best GPU for a notebook.

I think Nvidia's problems in Macs have been more notable than those with ATI/Radeon. So people read about it and assume there must be a problem only solvable by using the other GPU.

Jul 17, 2012 10:12 PM in response to Modzy

Thank you for the replies. I may be looking at the 2011 models. The reason I prefer AMD/ATI to nVidia is because I've had constant trouble with a few programs (and games) when it comes to shaders and UV mapping, and the problems only occur on nVidia chipsets. I also have many friends who have the same or similar issues (issues tend to vary between different nVidia chipsets).

Will the newest Macbook Pro have AMD Radeon GPUs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.