Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 120gb isn't recognized by computer and keeps resetting itself

I have a iPod Classic 120gb and it has been playing up for nearly a year now so I gave up on it. The other day I got it out and started to try and fix it again, but still haven't had any luck. It constantly restarts itself and only occasionaly tells me to conect it cause it needs to be restored on itunes, however when I plug it my computer doesn't recognise it (or if it does and I try to restore I get an error message (1933 i think)). I have even tried to use Disk Utilities and it can never finish reformating or erasing my ipod.

Strangely my iPod often seems to think it is in Disk Mode also, and I have no idea why. I have searched online but haven't found andy help and I have looked on many sites but none of the standard tricks seem to work, i.e. the 5R's.

Anyone had trouble like this in the past?

NEED HELP URGENTLY!

iPod classic (120 GB)

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 10:54 PM

1 reply

Jul 23, 2012 6:51 PM in response to jacksonroy

My apologies. if my urgent help is 1 week old and you have already solved your problems, by throwing it out of the window.

After recharging it for at least 2 hours, do theiPod Disk Diagnostics, as posted earlier by tt2, it wont fix your problem but helps in troubleshooting.

The report, may tell us if it is recoverable using Disk Utility Erase, or have to replace the hardisk.

iPod 120gb isn't recognized by computer and keeps resetting itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.