Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic - Blue screen?

Hello,

I was listening to my iPod classic, which suddenly stopped. Having thought I hit pause I tried playing it again but nothing happened. I took it out of my pocket to see this:

User uploaded file

The iPod then reset itself and I was presented with the main menu. I started listening to music again and about 3 minutes later the same thing happened again. It hasn't happened again since.

Does anyone know what this means?

Cheers,

iPod classic (120 GB)

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 3:53 AM

3 replies

Jul 18, 2012 7:53 AM in response to richardsim7

Could just be a temporarily software glitch that corrects itself by rebooting or it could be early signs of hard disk damage, but we won't jump to such conclusions just yet. If it continues, you may want to consider restoring the iPod to factory settings in iTunes. This process wipes all content from the device, resets all settings back to their defaults, and loads a fresh version of the iPod's firmware onto the device. This should help eliminate any sort of software issue, but not hardware ones.

Restoring iPod to factory settings

B-rock

iPod Classic - Blue screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.