Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

any mobile photo printers - post card size - work with iPad?

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to find a printer that will work with the latest ipad (and perhaps a mobile wifi network) to print post card sized photos. I couldn't believe that the Polaroid GL10 or pogo units don't work with ios products (how crazy is that?!) and neither do the Canon Selphy units ... so they're not getting my money!

Are there any other units out there that will let me print from the ipad?

Cheers

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 3:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 4:01 PM

Slaterk-

As far as I know, there is currently no AirPrint compatible portable printer on the market.

If you can find a portable printer with WiFi, you should be able to print to it using a printing App. To start, look for an App from the printer's manufacturer. It will have limitations, but should get you printing. If you do not have a portable WiFi router, you will need to set the printer's WiFi to host an Ad Hoc WiFi network.

As an example there was an HP 470 portable printer that came with a WiFi dongle option, but it is no longer a current model. If you can find one with the WiFi dongle, you should be able to get it to work with the free HP App, ePrint Home & Biz.

Fred

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2012 4:01 PM in response to slaterk

Slaterk-

As far as I know, there is currently no AirPrint compatible portable printer on the market.

If you can find a portable printer with WiFi, you should be able to print to it using a printing App. To start, look for an App from the printer's manufacturer. It will have limitations, but should get you printing. If you do not have a portable WiFi router, you will need to set the printer's WiFi to host an Ad Hoc WiFi network.

As an example there was an HP 470 portable printer that came with a WiFi dongle option, but it is no longer a current model. If you can find one with the WiFi dongle, you should be able to get it to work with the free HP App, ePrint Home & Biz.

Fred

Jul 21, 2012 10:54 AM in response to slaterk

Slaterk-

If your small Polaroid or Pogo units can be connected to a WiFi router, you may be able to print to them using a printing App like Print n Share or PrintCentral. You might contact EuroSmartz to see if their Apps are compatible with a particular printer.

The problem might be getting a battery powered WiFi router that supports a USB printer. The Apple AirPort Express requires AC voltage to operate, but does have a USB printer port. If that were your only option, you could power it with a DC-to-AC inverter plugged into your car's lighter outlet or connected to a 12 Volt Gel Cell.

Fred

Jul 25, 2012 4:16 AM in response to slaterk

Hi,

No not really i have not checked the prints but looks good on the WEB, there should be some settings on the app for some clearity, i just came across it myself on the WEB, but it wont be late before all the major brands HP CANON and so on will adopt the idea, and will also charge your ipad at the same time, like the sound dock does while you print your photos. but we'll have to wait and see.

For know this is what we've got

Regards

Freddy.

Jul 25, 2012 11:03 AM in response to Fredrico00

Freddy and Slaterk-

This is an interesting product that appears to be new on the market. It uses a "Dye Sublimation Thermal Transfer Printing Method", according to their catalog.

The cartridge includes a roll of paper. I wonder how many prints it gets per cartridge, and how much it costs?

Their web site is at <PRINICS>. They also advertise a model BP-300 that has WiFi. However, it is apparently not AirPrint compatible, since you still need their App for the iPad to print to it.

I do not see anything to suggest it is battery powered. The pages for each model show a link to a "User Manual", but they are not active (yet?).

Fred

Message was edited by: Fred*M.

any mobile photo printers - post card size - work with iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.